Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Photography task - Given from teacher

Do you have a 3 - 4 sentence statement of what your work is about?

My work is about 'Change over time' and using my mother as an example of it. Since she used to be a model in her early years I thought of going from what she is like now, A mum who loves the outdoors that's shows a lot in panel one. Then transition to looking back at past photos and then on to her reinventing herself as young woman modeling again. 

What artist models have I looked at so far?

  • Alec Soth
  • Tina Barney
  • David Hilliard
  • Eadweard Muybridge
  • Keith Carter

How have I made that visually obvious in my work?

Alec Soth - Haven't used him in my work YET! 
Tina Barney - Haven't used her in my work YET!
David Hilliard - Using white frames and white lines to separate photos also using long shots.
Eadweard Muybride - Black frames 
Keith Carter - Blurring out photos

Edited photos that I will not be using in my work: 


 This is a experimental photo that I did, at one stage I thought that this may be a good idea at least but no. I was thinking about going from a blue filter though to a orange filter but just didn't look right. I like this idea though of being behind the tree.
This photo was taken when I had the whole FAMILY VIOLENCE kind of thing going on, sad that I had to scrape the idea but I do like this photo and might use this idea later on in panel two where I am thinking of taking photos in the bedroom around loads of photos from when my mum modeled. Black and white photos I am IN LOVE with, and I didn't that last year in my work and didn't really want to continue it but it just looks to interesting. 














My photo planning...



1 comment:

  1. There is something quite cool about how your tree photo almost revolves! I love that image! good work on your assignment. still some work required on commenting on 2 specific David Hilliard images in relation to elements and principles of photography. I bet you are doing that now? Sure you are! :)

    ReplyDelete