Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Research - Alec Soth

Alec Soth is an American photographer, notable for "large-scale American projects" featuring the Midwestern United States.  His photography has a cinematic feel with elements of folklore that hint at a story behind the image.  

I find these photos out of most of his quite interesting because they all have a story behind them, Lighting doesn't play much of a part in these photos but the rule of thirds does. 

I was thinking of using these techniques in my work and I think it could work well. I could have my model sitting on the couch holding a picture of herself when she was modeling in her early ages as shown in the first picture. 



Source:  fraenkelgallery.com

Source: www.landscapestories.net

Source:  mspmag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment