Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Research - Tina Barney

Tina Barney is an American artist photographer best known for her large-scale, color portraits of her family and close friends, many of whom are well-to-do denizens of New York and New England. The images straddle the line between candid and tableau photography. Candid photography means taking a photo of a person, but making sure that the photographer doesn't disturb the person (its pretty much what a paparazzi or a photojournalist would do). Tableau photography means taking of photo of a creative scene with models posing theatrically. 

I choose this artist model because I like how she positions her models each of her shots. This is kinda what I would like to see in my work, where my model is standing there with interesting objects in the background. When looking at these photos I think of my home, where we have photos and antiques everywhere and I could use this later on in the work.

Source: bidwellprojects.com

Source: normajeanmarkus.com


Source: paddle8.com

No comments:

Post a Comment