Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

More Research - Barbara Kruger and Keith Carter



Barbara Kruger is an American conceptual artist. Much of her work consists of black-and-white photographs overlaid with declarative captions—in white-on-red. The phrases in her works often include pronouns such as "you", "your", "I", "we", and "they".  I like the way her work is so OUT there, and expressive to the idea and it got me thinking about how I could use captions in my photography and the view point of it being family violence as Mrs said could work. 

Source: wikipedia.org
source: ellenhochberg.files.wordpress.com





Keith Carter explores relationships that are timeless, enigmatic, and mythological. Drawing from the animal world, popular culture and religion. Carter presents photographs that attempt to reflect hidden meanings in the real world. Carter makes photographs addressing the relationship we have to our ideas of place, time, memory, desire, and regret. He examines at times, the history of photography as well as our own shared histories. I really like how he using black and white photography and how he blurs the image. This is the technique I am hoping to use.

Source: blogspot.com
Source: edelmangallery.com



















So, somehow I want to out together these two artists and make unique and interesting of my own and by the looks of things I am going to use the idea of family violence. NEXT STEP: getting models! 

1 comment:

  1. the focus and the blur is really important in those keith carter images. You need to consider how you are going to intentionally play with that in your work. Does it require reshooting some shots? plan on paper and think it out. then do:)

    ReplyDelete