Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My ideas about what I may do this year

I'm so happy to get the opportunity to do photography again for 2014 and I really do hope that this year  turns out good.  Last year for photography my concept was childhood memories and was using still life. This year I want to do something COMPLETELY different! so here are my ideas...

  1. Family violence using either models or my dolls I have at home.
  2. Urban Environment, going out to the city taking photo's of Christchurch
  3. Vintage theme, using dream catchers and going out to the beach.

I was thinking of the theme Family Violence because I remember watching on the news about how its so common in New Zealand and if I were to use this I would try to get models and use my make-up skills to create something very interesting.


Urban Environment came up because when I was doing my research I found this really good artist model called Joel Meyerowits. I really like his work because it reminds me of Christchurch's rebuild.

I'm in love with anything vintage and that was kinda what I did last year with my grandads camera. But was thinking I could go to the beach and think of a way to change it to a vintage kinda effect. I could always use models for this too.

1 comment:

  1. without a doubt, cinematography was done best by you in the research. so, that in my mind means you connected with that idea best. shadows, lighting, staged stuff, the relationships created between people. that then lends to family violence being the easiest of your ideas to work with from that point of view. from a 'filmic' perspective. it would mean that you need models/actors. but there would have to be not too much reliance on creating a story, but still setting a scene. That's confusing isn't it? Small series of works that look at small movements, and then outright in your face telling the viewr whats going on. can you please add to your research with information on Edweard Muybridge - collect together a range of his images and get some information on what he was trying to achieve and then look at Barbara Kruger - same thing.

    ReplyDelete